Wednesday, December 14, 2011

UL P.185-201


Poor people living in perpetual poverty has always been dehumanizes by society. This Chapter and Goode works are very interesting.  I, myself lived a very affluent life till my move to USA. After coming here I have understood poverty first hand. The shift of this classes at the time of my socio-psycho development has gave me a great insight to this notion. 

I do agree with Goode in her attempt to explain this dynamics. People people do work really hard to make ends meet. Furthermore, there are under appreciated by society. However, some do take advantage of their status. For example, many immigrant I know have more kids to get more benefits from government.  Lots of government facilities are being abuse for self gained. Call it divine justice or pure stupidity. I guess it is a way for under privileged people to get back the privileged folks. Most of them  don't look at the long term affect of their action or logically construct a lifelong plan to exceed. I think government need to rethink it handouts and better construct program for everyone genuine needs.  There should be a family planning. Furthermore, government need to more virtuous themselves.  If we all can be virtuous and genuine  than hopefully the world wouldn't have any form of sufferings.

No comments:

Post a Comment